el's webspace

A blog virgin

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Reviews on Indie albums

I know this seems a bit typical, however whilst researching the net I found that Amazon have a good selection of independent reviews on bands. For example one of my favourite bands the Editors are a fairly new set up, but at the time of this post there are already 47 comments (some very thorough) on their debut album 'The Back Room.' The only drawback being, as a journalist, you could not use these people as contacts due to privacy rules on Amazon.

Another good site (which I heard about through my university) is found at
http://www.open-your-mind.co.uk. Here are a good, yet small, collection of articles and reviews about Indie music. Contact details are accessible so I could use them as experts on an article I write myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home